CSL Seqirus news releases
CSL Seqirus Presents Real-World Evidence at ESWI Demonstrating the Impact of Influenza Vaccination Campaigns to Help Protect People and Healthcare Systems
• Results from a retrospective cohort study from 2015 to 2020 demonstrated a notable rise with increasing age in pneumonia-related medical encounters following an influenza encounter.1
• Results from a retrospective cohort study during the 2019/20 season demonstrated the benefit of an adjuvanted influenza vaccine in prevention of influenza-related medical encounters among adults 65 years and older.2
• Results from a study across three consecutive influenza seasons showed that vaccination with cell-based influenza vaccines resulted in lower rates of test-confirmed influenza compared with traditional egg-based vaccines.3
CSL Seqirus Announces Third U.S. Government Award in Relation to Influenza A(H5N8) Candidate Vaccine
• CSL Seqirus will deliver further H5N8 A/Astrakhan antigen to support the U.S. government's pandemic preparedness activities
• This is the third influenza pandemic preparedness award to CSL Seqirus in the last two years, building on a longstanding partnership with BARDA
CSL Seqirus Begins Shipping Portfolio of Innovative Influenza Vaccines for the 2023/24 U.S. Season
• CSL Seqirus is the only influenza vaccine manufacturer that offers differentiated vaccine options for individuals six months of age and older.
• Since the COVID-19 pandemic, there has been a significant drop in influenza immunization rates and high levels of influenza-related illness, underscoring that flu is an ongoing threat.1,2
• The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends annual influenza vaccination for all eligible people aged six months and older, as a critical tool to help prevent flu and lessen the severity of influenza-related illness and potentially life-threatening associated complications.3
CSL Announces Closing of Global Collaboration and Licensing Agreement with Arcturus Therapeutics
CSL to access late-stage next-generation mRNA platform technology, enabling development of vaccines for COVID-19, influenza, multi-pathogen pandemic preparedness and other respiratory pathogens
CSL Enters Licensing Agreement with Arcturus Therapeutics for Next Generation mRNA Vaccine Technology
CSL Seqirus Announces U.S. Government Award to Manufacture and Clinically Assess Influenza A(H5N8) Pre-Pandemic Vaccine
• CSL Seqirus will manufacture and clinically assess a cell-based, adjuvanted pre-pandemic influenza vaccine candidate to support the U.S. government’s pandemic preparedness activities
• Third influenza pandemic preparedness award to CSL Seqirus under a multi-year agreement with Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA)
CSL Announces Positive Preclinical Data for Self-Amplifying Messenger RNA (sa-mRNA) Influenza Vaccine Candidates
Data published in Molecular Therapy – Methods and Clinical Development confirm the potential preclinical benefit of the sa-mRNA technology platform, the next generation of mRNA vaccine technology
New Real-World Data Presented at OPTIONS XI Show Cell-Based and MF59®-Adjuvanted Influenza Vaccines Can Reduce the Burden of Seasonal Influenza on Hospitals and Health Systems
New Data at OPTIONS XI Conference Highlight Burden of Seasonal Influenza on Health Systems and the Need for Increased Vaccination Rates
CSL Seqirus to Highlight Commitment to Influenza Protection with More than 20 Data Presentations at OPTIONS XI
Seqirus Begins Shipping Portfolio of Innovative Influenza Vaccines for the 2022/23 U.S. Season
• This year marks the first full season that Seqirus’ portfolio of innovative influenza vaccines provides a differentiated vaccine option for people of all ages who are eligible in the U.S. to receive a flu shot
• Seqirus will offer FLUCELVAX® QUADRIVALENT (Influenza Vaccine), the first and only cell-based quadrivalent influenza vaccine, which is now available for eligible persons six months of age and older
• Seqirus will offer FLUAD® QUADRIVALENT (Influenza Vaccine, Adjuvanted), which is now preferentially recommended by the CDC’s Advisory Committee for Immunization Practices as one of the preferred vaccine options for adults 65 years and older, over standard-dose influenza vaccines
CDC Advisory Committee Includes FLUAD® QUADRIVALENT as a Preferentially Recommended Influenza Vaccine for Adults 65 and Older
Seqirus Completes $156 Million Expansion to Holly Springs Manufacturing Facility, Optimizing Global Manufacturing Capabilities for Seasonal and Pandemic Influenza Vaccines
Seqirus’ Holly Springs Manufacturing Facility Designated by U.S. Government as Pandemic Ready
• Seqirus is officially recognized by the U.S. government as having successfully established domestic manufacturing capability for innovative cell-based seasonal and pandemic influenza vaccines.
• Holly Springs, N.C., facility is ready to deliver 150 million doses of pandemic influenza vaccine to the U.S. government in the event of an influenza pandemic.
Update on CDC Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) Review of Enhanced Influenza Vaccines for Adults 65+
Seqirus and U.S. Government Renew Multi-Year Agreement for Influenza Pandemic Preparedness and Response
• Renewal reaffirms longstanding, public-private partnership between Seqirus and the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) to strengthen preparedness and rapid response capabilities for influenza pandemics
• Agreement includes provision for Seqirus to provide BARDA with supply of AUDENZ, the first-ever FDA-approved adjuvanted, cell-based pandemic influenza vaccine, which was developed in partnership with BARDA
Seqirus, a Business of CSL Limited, Announces New Facility Supporting Research & Development of Leading-Edge Influenza Vaccine Technology
New facility in Waltham, Massachusetts, will support CSL’s growing R&D portfolio, including the self-amplifying mRNA technology platform, the next generation of mRNA vaccine technology, for seasonal and pandemic influenza vaccines.
New Data Supports the Effectiveness of Adjuvanted Seasonal Influenza Vaccine in Reducing Influenza-Related Hospitalizations and Healthcare Costs in Older Adults
Seqirus Announces U.S. FDA Approval for Multi-Dose Vial Presentation of First-Ever Adjuvanted, Cell-Based Pandemic Influenza Vaccine
• The FDA has granted approval of multi-dose vial presentation for AUDENZ™ to help protect individuals six months of age and older against influenza A(H5N1) in the event of a pandemic.
• As the first-ever adjuvanted, cell-based influenza vaccine, AUDENZ™ was originally approved by the FDA in February 2020 in prefilled syringe presentation.
• This approval marks an important milestone in the company’s pandemic preparedness efforts in partnership with Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA).